May 12, 2008

my favorite color combinations



my favorite color combinations are ones that are so close to not going together that they go together, a formula on the color wheel I haven't quite deciphered yet....i remember painting my classroom a combination of mint green with a very bright chartreuse color and the family studies teacher came in and claimed i had no right to paint my classroom two colors that don't belong together; perhaps for the layman but not for the artistic eye. design*sponge is featuring eleanor grosch’s - of push me pull you who physically reminds me of cindy sherman the photographer. any who, her house is the sneak peak of the day and i had to catch her color choices of moss green with mint green. i love the combo with the white chair rail and warm hardwood floor. and then the icing on the cake with the red anthropologie console table ...check out the entire feature here.

No comments: