Aug 22, 2008

Old School Exhibition...thanks Poppy talk!







Today was the last day for us teachers to work in our classrooms before the kiddies arrive on Monday morning. decoration day, i call it. I pulled out all of my art posters...thank god for SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) ...they give us the best posters! I like to collage all of the art postcards and exhibit announcements jumble up with any other collage materials as the year grows. I went onto Poppytalk to find pictures from the Old School exhibition opening up this weekend over at Uppercase in Calgary. I've been looking forward to seeing what ever images I can for this show. I'm quite bummed not to be living in Calgary... i know deep down I am met to be Canadian. I love this concept. I think there should be an aesthetic theory named after this style. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not taking an alphabet line chart from the book room when I was teaching in an elementary school. I bet those are worth money now...I don't think they teach cursive anymore.
all photos from poppytalk.

No comments: