Nov 15, 2008

I think I found a good Rooster!

I just home from Holiday heap and wanted to just let my brain go ahhhhhh after a long day of an excellent craft show...will post later about it. I wander onto grain edit and found their post on this amazing book by Miroslav Sasek .The Czechoslovakian born illustrator who is well known for his This Is Series of children’s books. Most of the books in the This is series are centered around a certain city, for example This is San Franscisco or This is Paris, but in this case it’s an international organization. Through Sasek’s playful ink and gouache illustrations, he guides us through the building. I wish I had books like these when I was a kid. I could stare at this for hours.
I love this Rooster as well as the rest of the illustrators. THis is the style I am trying to grab with my sewing machine. IT is the style that I grew up with as well as the voice of the pictures of my favorite books!



No comments: