Aug 19, 2010

And then there was summer camp!






After I taught my painting class at MICA I moved on to Baltimore County's Summer Enrichment Camp to the Drawing portfolio class that was also high school kids...in this case for more than half the class...kids going on to Carver that will be in the 9th. grade this coming school year. So we're talking 12 high school kids drawing every day from 9 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon! Could you do that? Lunch got a little longer everyday. But I have to tell you. this group was amazing too! We would do drawing from observation in the morning. GO to lunch. Watch an Art 21 segment on a contemporary Artist. Then start another drawing assignment that had more thinking..creative thought involve. Again my mission these days is to get my students to THINK! So we ended up building paper forts! What a great idea! The entire room turned into one huge installation. Jelling the group together and making some pretty good darn drawings. Here is our installation! If you go onto the Baltimore County Public School site you can catch a video about the whole school. I make a very brief showing!

No comments: