Aug 17, 2010

First Full Feature FIlm by Art 21: William Kentridge

Since my last post, I have been to NYC and back and completed my unit on "Proof of Evidence" which features a number of artists from the Art21 series. It's another attempt to get my students to think as well as my fellow art teachers to NOT BE AFRAID OF CONTEMPORARY ART!!!! I present it next Wednesday to Baltimore County High School Art teachers. And I just noticed that I have the largest group...so I better be good and know what I'm talking about! First of all, I have to say I LOVE THIS SERIES! And it keeps giving and it keeps on licking! This fall, a film on my favorite and lately, most influential artist, William Kentridge will be out.Check details here. This will be there first full feature on an artist and it will be on PBS...hopefully it will play here! October 21 at 10PM. So get your tevo's ready!

"William Kentridge: Anything Is Possible" Teaser #2 | Art21 from Art21 on Vimeo.

No comments: