Jul 19, 2008

allcitizens...finding some etsy finds in Canada




thanks again to poppytalk..in pointing out yet again another great find. Since coming home from Canada, being haunted by the trails I rode that I cannot stop thinking about, and the amazing mountains and nice people and CLEAN AIR...I must admit I am quite attracted to anything Canadian these days...so i like posting about finds I find thanks to other people finding them....and here is a cool one. I'd wish I would teach kids that would make up their own zines....i get the anime kids who I really wish would get a life and find their own voice and characters that don't look alike...and really get creative and make zines about drawing, stories and discovery....teach us something new please...anyway, All Citizens (est. 2007) is a teeny art shop located in the tiny rural town of Bruno, Saskatchewan. All Citizens is owned and operated by artists Serena McCarroll and Tyler Brett. I love the heading on their blog: Two artists move from Vancouver, B.C., population: 2 million, to Dana, Saskatchewan, population: 30. Can they survive rural life? (amendment: two artists barely survive 4 months in Dana and buy a building in nearby Bruno, population: 500)
Their etsy shop has been opened since January with only one sale...so I'd like to boost their shop. I like the idea of offering a package deal, three original zines by Jason McLean with an All Citizens postcard and All Citizens button all for $20. Look these two up...I really admire people who go out on such adventures and endure all obstacles.

No comments: