Jul 12, 2010

Power Styling..60's style






You know I have this fascination with power lines and I believe their beauty to be quite vulnerable. Looking on my favorite blog grain edit, is a treasure of a find, a review of Power Styling: Future Power Structure Concept Book. Its premise is:

In 1964 United States Steel called upon the nation’s electric utility companies to reconsider the current look of our power stations and transmission towers to be both functional and beautiful. Two years later, Henry Dreyfuss and Associates were commissioned to investigate possible design alternatives, and I believe they were documented in a book entitled “Power Styling” which was produced by United States Steel in the mid-to-late 1960s.

I love these structure illustrations. Can we only imagine if they came into fruition?

No comments: